Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Blonde coffee, hyper activity & some other mother!

Dear Mom who was there at the barber the other day,
 
Thank you so much for informing my husband that our youngest son is Hyperactive. Seriously? No...Seriously, who the hell are you? First of all, I don't know you. You seem like someone who is on some kind of speed. How's that for a little judgement? Does that tickle your fancy?!
 
Please proceed to tell me that you think I should give my (just turned) 5 year old son coffee. To calm him down of course! But make sure it's blonde coffee so the acid doesn't upset his tummy. How about my tummy? I'm getting sick just hearing you tell me what I need to do. 
 
First of all, my son has never been diagnosed with any type of hyperactivity. I will however admit that we are cooped up inside most of the time. (The oldest goes to school) It is winter after all. Rain, freezing temps, cold and all that jazz. So, yeah he might be excited to get out of the house and get his hair cut. At his favorite place. (Well, not anymore. That's a story for another time.)
 
Second of all, I didn't understand half of what you said. Slow down and enunciate. And damn it, stop mumbling. I do know that you were passing judgement on our kids. Well, judging one and praising the other. Praising the one who was "so quiet and mature." Little did you know, he's the troublemaker. So, there. What a great observation on your part. 
 
Next time I see you, if  at all don't talk nor look at me. Or I might send my "hyperactive" son over to bite you.
 
(just a little rant.) 

1 comment:

  1. Lolz! That is great! I'm sorry you have such pigheaded jerks at your barber but I applaud you for standing up for your child! Rant away my dear :)

    ReplyDelete