Thursday, January 24, 2013

Judgement and The Mothering

What is it with Mom's who judge other mother's for the way they raise their children? Any smart person should realize, what works for me might not work for you. And vice versa.
 
For a mother to belittle another mother is absolutely horrible. No one knows what you're really going through, except you. Unless... you fall into the mommy blogger category. We write about it. Pretty or not. Boogers and snot. Cuts and bruises. Puppy dogs and rainbows. And all those "controversial issues".
 
But, still that shouldn't make you a target. Just because we have the balls to put out there, what you're afraid to say. 
 
So, take a step back and look at who you are. Be the fabulous Mom that you are. But, don't judge the other Mom because she does it differently. 
 
Maybe she's just trying to figure it all out, too.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly my mom and I have not talked in over a month because of this. It's crazy, before I had my daughter, my mom and I go along fine. I was competent and efficient, and then suddenly once my daughter was born, I was just completely incapable of raising my daughter.

    I'm sooo over protective and cautious it's ridiculous, and yet still, it's not enough. I suppose people feel that because their criticizing family it doesn't count. If anything it counts more.

    Great post. Wise words!

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you and your mom are able to overcome this. :)

    ReplyDelete